Practitioners of Natural Healing
Learn about this occupation – including typical duties, education required, salary and job outlook information, job boards and more.
Practitioners of natural healing provide health care to patients using traditional Chinese medicine techniques and other forms of treatment including acupuncture, herbology or reflexology to promote, maintain and restore the holistic health of patients. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, or are employed by clinics, health clubs and spas. (National Occupational Classification)
This profile page includes information on: Chinese Medicine Practitioners, Homeopaths,Reflexologists, Herbalists, and Osteopathic Manual Therapists. Please select the links to the right to learn about other related options.
Find detailed information about the occupation, including typical duties and working conditions, in the links below:
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) - Canadian occupational descriptions
- OCCinfo by alis - Alberta-based occupational information
- What is Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)? - Health Link BC
- Interview with an Acupuncturist and TCM (incl. video) - from ShareYourCareer.com
- What is Reflexology?- Reflexology Association of Canada (RAC)
- Interview with a Certified Reproductive Reflexologist - Pregnancy Winnipeg
- What is a Herbalist? - Canadian Herbalist's Association of BC
- What is Osteopathy? - Canadian Federation of Osteopaths
- What Does a Manual Osteopath Do? - National Manual Osteopathic College
- Interview with Homeopath Leslie Johnson - Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine
The University of Manitoba does not offer specialized training in homeopathy, reflexology, herbalism, Traditional Chinese Medicine or osteopathic manual manipulation. The links below have information about specialized diplomas and training opportunities across Canada. Note that each province and territory has it’s own set of standards and regulations for these specialized fields.
If you are a University of Manitoba student who would like assistance with planning your educational pathway, visit Career Services.
Exploring Other Education Options
- Homeopathic School Directory - North American Association of Homeopaths
- Canadian Reflexology Schools and Licensed Teachers - RAC
Labour market information
Labour market information informs users of supply and demand for specific occupations and sectors. It includes such things as salary and job outlook information. These resources support informed career decision making and job search efforts.
- Trend Analysis: Job Market Report (Winnipeg Region) - Gov. of Canada Job Bank
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Job outlook for the U.S.
Professional associations may organize events and provide directories, job postings, career and labour market information. Student membership opportunities may also be available: engage, learn and network!
- Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada (CMAAC)
- Canadian Society of Homeopaths
- North American Society of Homeopaths
- Reflexology Association of Canada (Manitoba Chapter)
- Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations - List of Regional Associations
- Manitoba Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners
- Canadian Federation of Osteopaths
Directories, Industry Associations, and Sector Councils
These resources provide industry news, labour market information and a list of potential employers. Remember, there are usually multiple industries worth exploring.
- Health Provider Directory - Natural Health Providers of Canada
- Member Directory - Manitoba Naturopathic Association
- Member Directory - Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada
- Find a Homeopath - North American Society of Homeopaths
- Registered Canadian Reflexology Therapists in Manitoba - Reflexology Association of Canada
Search occupations of interest in the industry-specific job boards below to learn about skill requirements, employers, job duties and available jobs. You may also wish to search more general online job boards.