Learn about this occupation – including typical duties, education required, salary and job outlook information, job boards and more.
Naturopathic doctors blend modern scientific knowledge and traditional and natural forms of treatment to support and stimulate the body's ability to heal itself and treat the underlying cause of disease. Naturopathic doctors work in private clinics. (OCCinfo by alis)
Find detailed information about the occupation, including typical duties and working conditions, in the links below:
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) - Canadian occupational descriptions
- O*NET Online - U.S. resource for occupational descriptions and information
- OCCinfo by alis - Alberta-based occupational information
- Sokanu - Occupational profile and featured videos
- What is Naturopathic Medicine? - Council on Naturopathic Medical Education
- Naturopathic Physician - ExploreHealthCareers.org (U.S.)
- Naturopathic Physicians Career Profile (video) - CareerOneStop (U.S.)
- A Day in the Life of an ND - Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges
- Becoming a Naturopathic Doctor - Why I Do What I Do - DrSophieLorn.com
- How to Become a Naturopathic Doctor by innerbody
- Career Guide: Healthcare by Talent Egg
The University of Manitoba does not offer training in Naturopathic Medicine. Students may complete pre-requisite courses and their initial education here prior to applying to naturopathic colleges. Please view the links below for information about U of M and naturopathic schools in North America.
U of M Academic Calendar
The Academic Calendar & Catalogue outlines program admission and course requirements. Use the left menu to navigate to a specific faculty and program. To determine which degree path suits your unique occupational goals, speak with a Career Consultant. For support with course registration and academic issues, speak with an Academic Advisor.
Exploring Other Education Options
- Academic Requirements - Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Accredited Naturopathic Programs in North America - AANMC
- Search Other Directories
Labour market information
Labour market information informs users of supply and demand for specific occupations and sectors. It includes such things as salary and job outlook information. These resources support informed career decision making and job search efforts.
- Trend Analysis: Job Market Report (Winnipeg region) - Gov. of Canada Job Bank
- The job market for Naturopathic Physicians in the United States - Sokanu
- I want to be a Naturopathic Doctor. What will my salary be? - The Globe and Mail
Professional associations organize events and directories, job postings, career and labour market information. Student membership opportunities are also available. This is a great way to learn and network.
- Manitoba Naturopathic Association
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
Directories, Industry Associations, and Sector Councils
These resources provide industry news, labour market information and a list of potential employers. Remember, there are usually multiple industries worth exploring.
Search occupations of interest in the industry-specific job boards below to learn about skill requirements, employers, job duties and available jobs. You may also wish to search more general online job boards.