Learn about this occupation – including typical duties, education required, salary and job outlook information, job boards and more.
Chiropractors diagnose, treat and prevent patients' neuromuscular-skeletal disorders of the spine, nervous system, pelvis and other body joints by adjusting the spinal column or through other corrective manipulation. They are usually in private practice or in clinics with other health practitioners. (National Occupational Classification)
Find detailed information about the occupation, including typical duties and working conditions, in the links below:
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) - Canadian occupational descriptions
- O*NET Online - U.S. resource for occupational descriptions and information
- OCCinfo by alis - Alberta-based occupational information
- A Day in the Life of a Chiropractor - The Princeton Review
- Sokanu - occupational profile and featured videos
- U of M Career Mentor profile - Chiropractor & U of M alumnus
- Let's Talk Science Career Profiles: Chiropractor
The University of Manitoba does not offer training in Chiropractic studies, but does offer pre-requisite courses and educational pathways for students applying to chiropractic colleges. Please view the links below for information on U of M courses and programs and chiropractic schools in North America.
U of M Academic Calendar
The Academic Calendar & Catalogue outlines program admission and course requirements. Use the left menu to navigate to a specific faculty and program. To determine which degree path suits your unique occupational goals, speak with a Career Consultant. For support with course registration and academic issues, speak with an Academic Advisor.
Exploring Chiropractic Education Options
- Accredited Chiropractic Colleges in Canada - The Federation of Canadian Chiropractic
- Regulations and Education - Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Accredited Chiropractic Colleges - from the Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board (incl. programs in U.S., Australia, New Zealand, Asia & Europe)
- Search Directories
Labour market information
Labour market information informs users of supply and demand for specific occupations and sectors. It includes such things as salary and job outlook information. These resources support informed career decision making and job search efforts.
- Trend Analysis: Job Market Report (Winnipeg region) - Gov. of Canada Job Bank
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Job outlook for the U.S.
Professional associations organize events and directories, job postings, career and labour market information. Student membership opportunities are also available. This is a great way to learn and network.
- Canadian Chiropractic Association (CCA)
- Manitoba Chiropractors' Association
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards - Official Directory
- American Veterinary Chiropractic Association - Animal Chiropractic Certification Commission
Directories, Industry Associations, and Sector Councils
These resources provide industry news, labour market information and a list of potential employers. Remember, there are usually multiple industries worth exploring.
- Find a Chiropractor - Manitoba Chiropractors Association
- Find a Chiro - Canadian Chiropractic Association
Search occupations of interest in the industry-specific job boards below to learn about skill requirements, employers, job duties and available jobs. You may also wish to search more general online job boards.