President's Student Leadership Program
How to apply
A 500 word (maximum) personal statement that explains:
- Why you would like to participate in PSLP.
- Your leadership experience to date:
Provide specific examples of recent formal or informal leadership you have exercised in your community, university/college or workplace.
What motivated you to take on the role(s) and actions; what challenges you encountered; and what you see as your key achievements and their impact.
- What you would do with the knowledge that you gain as a participant in PSLP in your immediate and longer-term future.
- You may also identify in your statement if you are a member of an historically underrepresented group.
A Current Resume
Please structure your resume to include:
- Your past and present leadership experience (formal or informal) in any sphere.
- Your service commitments (community, school, student associations) and achievements.
Two letters of testimonial from people you have worked with (instructors, supervisors, Elders, mentors, employers) who can comment, with examples, on your leadership actions and potential.
- One testimonial must be from an academic reference (professor, lecturer, research supervisor, instructor).
- Testimonial letters must be submitted directly by referees.
- Direct your referees to umanitoba.ca/asper/programs-of-study/presidents-student-leadership-program/apply-pslp for submission instructions
Transcript for 2022/23 academic year
UM students do not need to submit a transcript. All non-UM students are required to submit an official transcript to support good academic standing.
|Summer and Fall 2023||February 19, 2023||Apply for the President's Student Leadership Program|
|Submit a testimonial for the President's Student Leadership Program|
Applicants must submit their online application with supporting documentation by the deadline date indicated.
Please note that only complete applications will be assessed.
Applicant interviews will be held between March 6th and 17th. Those invited to an interview, to be held in small groups, will be given the choice between several time slots, including early evening. Interviews will take place at the University of Manitoba for Winnipeg applicants; those more distant will be offered in the applicant’s location. Candidates will be notified by Friday, March 3rd if they have been invited to an interview. Full details about what to expect from the interview will be provided in advance.