Peer education is the foundation of the Healthy U program. Connect with student volunteers to learn about empirically validated health and wellness information.
Reduce your risk of contact and transmission:
- wash your hands frequently
- cough or sneeze into your elbow
- If you experience cold or flu symptoms, stay home
- Practice social (physical) distancing
About Healthy U
Healthy U in-person drop-in hours and events are cancelled until further notice
Healthy U is made up of a team of friendly volunteers who are certified student health educators. We are passionate and knowledgeable about relevant health topics and are available to answer questions, provide information, and connect fellow students to resources.
Healthy U volunteers provide mental health, sexual health, and overall wellness education through office hours, outreach events, workshops and presentations to groups, and online content.
Examples of past Healthy U initiatives:
- Roaming baskets in libraries across campus
- Sex Pub Trivia Nights and Self-care Bingo in the Hub
- Stress Management and Body Image Workshops in the Student Counselling Centre
- Interactive tabling events including holiday-themed consent and condom giveaways, self-care stations, and U of M mental health resource map.
Healthy U office hours are cancelled until further notice.
Healthy U volunteers provide one-on-one office hours during the fall/winter school year in the RBC Mood Room. Come talk to us about mental, sexual, physical or substance-use health!
It can feel daunting to reach out to friends, family members or University Staff. Chat with a trained student volunteer in a judgement-free space.
Where to find us
RBC Mood Room
Room 474 of UMSU University Centre (fourth floor)
65 Chancellor's Circle
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry Campus)
Become a Healthy U volunteer
Do you have a passion for Health and Wellness? Do you want experience and training in health promotion and prevention? Are you interested in an opportunity to be involved in the health and well-being of your peers? Then Healthy U at the University of Manitoba is looking for you!