External Staff Parking
- External staff must fill out the External Staff Permit Application Form to apply.
- Submit it to Parking Services by email, fax or in person at the Welcome Centre at 423 University Crescent. When submitting your application form, please include written confirmation that you are employed by your company.
- Parking operates through a virtual permit system. Parking privileges are assigned to your parking account and are verified using licence plate recognition software; in other words, your licence plate is your permit.
- It is the responsibility of the permit owner to ensure only one vehicle is parking using this permit at any given time.
- Parking permits are assigned for specific lots on a "scramble" basis—you will not be assigned an individual parking stall. Permit holders may only park in their assigned lot.
- If you would prefer to park in a different lot, you can add your name to up to four waitlists by completing the Waitlist application form.
Parking permits are assigned from September 1st - August 31st each year. Fees must be paid in full for the year once your application has been processed.
- Staff: $900.00 per year ($75.00 per month)
On Fort Garry campus, weekend, holiday and evening parking (after 4:30 p.m.), with the exception of IG Field event days, is free in most lots except for N lot, the University Parkade and other locations as marked.
Managing Your Parking Account
- Complete and submit the cancel form. It will be received by our office staff who will cancel your permit at the end of the month.
- Cancellation forms need to be submitted prior to the last business day of the current month in order to be effective for the upcoming month.
- Once your cancellation form has been received and processed, a pro-rated refund will be processed, if applicable.
Licence Plate Changes
- Complete and submit the Licence Plate Update Form. It will be received by our office staff who will make the requested changes to your permit.
Adding a rental vehicle or temporary licence plate
If you have a rental vehicle or a licence plate that is a temporary addition, you must notify our office. When contacting us, please provide the licence plate number, employee ID or permit number and an end date for when you will no longer want this temporary plate affiliated with your permit.
Carpooling information can be found by visiting the main page.