Dr. Vanessa Poliquin is a clinician scientist and assistant professor in obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences in the Max Rady College of Medicine, University of Manitoba.
Born and raised in Toronto, Dr. Poliquin attended medical school at the University of Western Ontario and completed her residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Manitoba.
Following residency, Dr. Poliquin pursued a fellowship in reproductive infectious diseases with training distributed between Winnipeg, Vancouver and Toronto.
Subsequently, she completed a master’s degree in epidemiology through the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Dr. Poliquin wears several administrative hats, including co-chair of the Society of Gynecologists of Canada’s infectious diseases committee and chair of the provincial obstetrical working group for Manitoba.
She has received a number of accolades, most notably the CMA’s Early Career Leader Award for 2020.
- Master’s of science (epidemiology), London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (2019)
- Clinical fellowship in reproductive infectious diseases, University of Manitoba (2018)
- Residency in obstetrics & gynecology, University of Manitoba (2014)
- Medical doctorate, University of Western Ontario (2008)
- Bachelor of health sciences, McMaster University (2004)
- National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education (2020)
- CMA, Early Career Young Leaders Award (2020)
- Allen-Carey Award of Excellence in Women’s Health, London Health Sciences Foundation (2017)
- R. Samuel McLaughlin/MMSF Research & Education Fellowship Award in Medicine (2017)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Deweiter Travelling Fellowship (2015)
- University of Manitoba, Dean of Medicine’s Education and Research Fellowship Fund (2014)
- Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health, Resident Research Award (2013)
- Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health, Resident Research Award (2011)
- University of Manitoba, Dr. Michael Bruser Memorial Award (2011)
- University of Manitoba, Nominee for Best Resident Teacher Award (2012)
- University of Manitoba, Dr. Max Rady Award for an Outstanding PGY-2 in OBGYN (2010)