Gary Altman, MD, FRCPC, Dip. ACT, FCPA
- Associate head, section of child and adolescent psychiatry, department of psychiatry
- Service chief, Anxiety Disorders Service for Children and Youth, Health Sciences Centre.
- Member, child and adolescent psychiatry PGME committee, department of psychiatry.
Dr. Altman is an investigator and collaborator on projects related to childhood anxiety.
Dr. Altman has been involved in a wide range of administrative and educational activities.
He has given numerous presentations in the community and at conferences.
He is an educator and clinical supervisor at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and provides continuing medical education to family physicians and pediatricians.
Dr. Altman has participated on many committees and boards at the community, departmental, university, provincial and national levels.
At the national level, he has been a committee member in the Canadian Psychiatric Association, a director of The Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and past chair of their membership committee.
In addition, he has been a member of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry subspecialty committee of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Altman’s clinical and research interests include anxiety disorders in youth, Tourette’s disorder, autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Dr. Altman did his undergraduate and postgraduate training at the University of Manitoba.
- He has pursued additional training in CBT at the Beck Institute.
- Fellow-Canadian Psychiatric Association (2017)
- Citation Award-Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (2014)
- Diplomate-Academy of Cognitive Therapy (2004)
PZ433-771 Bannatyne Avenue
University of Manitoba, Bannatyne campus
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3N4 Canada