117 Frank Kennedy Centre
Byron Bahniuk MSc, RMT, CAT(C)
Byron Bahniuk [BPE/98,MSc/21], a certified athletic and massage therapist has been a UM staff member for the past 16 years working with Bisons student-athletes and members of the community treating musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
Over the years, Byron has gained his clinical experience through employment with the Pan Am Clinic, Associated Rehab Consultants of Canada, The Balance Point, Therapy & Herbal Alliance, University of Manitoba Athletic Therapy Centre, and the women's national volleyball team.
Furthering his own education and skill in the areas of Muscle Energy Techniques (cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine and pelvis), Soft Tissue Release Neuro-proprioceptive taping and Functional Movement Screening (FMS) and treatment, Byron brings his knowledge to UM's Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management as an Instructor I.
Byron has worked in a variety of amateur and professional sport environments as an athletic and massage therapist that include:
- Predator Lacrosse
- Kisen Volleyball
- Team Manitoba U16 and U19 field lacrosse
- Team Manitoba track and field
- Manitoba Major Junior Hockey
- Manitoba Summer Games (medical liaison)
- Field Lacrosse Nationals (Alumni Cup)
- Western Canada Summer Games
- Canada West Track and Fiield Championships
- CIS Track and Field Championships
- CIS Volleyball Championship
- Canadian National Track and Field Championships
- Junior Football Canada Cup
- Canada West Football final
- Women’s World Hockey Championship
- Polish Tour and Pan American Cup (men's national volleyball team)
- Manitoba Marathon
- 2014 women’s national volleyball team