The Work-Study program offers part-time, on-campus employment for students with financial need during the school year. Become a work-study employer to provide valuable work experience and skill development opportunities to students.
Summer 2021 Timeline
Work-study position submission deadline
Apr. 7, 2021 -
Apr. 8, 2021Job posting approval/denial confirmaiton
Apr. 9, 2021 -
Apr. 23, 2021Hiring and recruitment period
Official start date for reimbursement coverage
Official end date for reimbursement coverage
Deadline to submit Summer Reimbursement Form
Fall 2021 / Winter 2022 timeline
Application for Fall/Winter funding reopens
12:00 p.m. (noon) | New employer registration deadline
12:00 p.m. (noon) | Work-study position submission deadline
Student applications are released to employers
Deadline to submit Funding Update Form
End date for all work-study positions
12:00 p.m. (noon) | Deadline to submit Survey and Reimbursement Form
New employer registration
New employer registration deadline: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at Noon
- Complete the Employer Registration Form.
Please allow 1-2 business days for CareerCONNECT account set-up or Work-Study portal access.
- Once you receive a confirmation email containing your account details, follow the "How To Post a Job" instructions on how to submit your Work-Study project/position application.
How to post a job
For a complete visual guide on how to post jobs in the Work-Study module, please use the How To Post/Repost a Job aid.
- Job submission deadline: Wednesday, July 22, 2021 at Noon
- Log-in to your new/existing careerCONNECT account.
- Click “Post a Job” at the top of the home page.
- Click on “WORK STUDY JOB POSTINGS:”
- Select which previous posting you’d like to repost or select post a new job.
- If you are reposting, select either Quick Repost or Repost and Edit Posting. Next, select the appropriate term and deadline. Edit the posting as needed then select “Submit Posting for Approval.”
- If you chose to post a new job or edit your posting, complete the job posting form. Make sure to specify the number of positions you would like to apply for in the job title.
- Once the form is completed, submit the posting for approval. The status of your posting will be “Pending.”
Note: You will be notified by email if your position(s) is/are approved. If your position has been approved, any further changes to your posting will result to a Pending Changed status, which will require us to approve it again. Please inform us of any changes you make on your posting(s).
How to complete the employer survey & online reimbursement form
- Check your email for the survey link (this will be sent towards the end of the work term)
- A link to the online reimbursement form will be provided at the end of the survey. Copy the link before clicking done.
- Submit the survey.
Online Reimbursement Form
- Complete the employer survey to get the link to the online reimbursement form.
- Please ensure that you have the following information before you start:
- Project Supervisor & Student Information
- Total number of worked hours by the student o Hourly wage paid (including vacation pay)
- FOAP number
- Complete and submit the survey. You will receive an email receipt with the details that you have provided.