Over $550,000 is awarded annually to new and continuing University of Manitoba students who qualify for membership on any recognized Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) university team. The amount of the award is recommended by the individual coaches and ranges from $500 to full tuition.
Candidates will require:
- Athletic ability sufficient to be chosen to play for the University of Manitoba on one of the CIS recognized teams; and
- Selection by the coach for an award.
- In most cases, students must register for and complete at least 60 percent of a full course-load per term (i.e. a minimum of 9 credit hours per term).
Further information on playing for a UM team and the Athletic Awards program is available from the coaches listed below:
- Women's Basketball - Michele Sung (Hynes) (204) 801-5012
- Women's Hockey - Jon Rempel (204) 293-7154
- Women's Soccer - Vanessa Martinez Lagunas (204) 881-1089
- Women's Swimming - Vlastmil Cerny (204) 228-2010
- Women's Track & Field - Claude Berube (204) 955-8989
- Women's Volleyball - Ken Bentley (204) 296-0181
- Men's Basketball - Kirby Schepp (204) 269-8464
- Men's Football - Brian Dobie (204) 295-9627
- Men's Hockey - Mike Sirant (204) 296-8632
- Men's Swimming - Vlastmil Cerny (204) 228-2010
- Men's Track & Field - Claude Berube (204) 955-8989
- Men's Volleyball - Lupo Ludwig (204) 479-3613
- Golf - Derrik Goodwin (204) 218-1925
Associate Athletic Director - Curt Warkentin (204) 474-6987