Our Purpose: Mission, Vision, and Values
Welcome to the Price Faculty of Engineering at University of Manitoba, where innovation and creativity drive our mission. Our goal is to educate the next generation of engineers and leaders who will make a positive impact on society. Here, you'll find our mission, vision, and values that guide all we do. Explore our commitment to excellence in education and creating a better future.
The Price Faculty of Engineering offers first-class accredited undergraduate programs, graduate programs, and advances impactful research through outstanding faculty and through excellent student accessibility and support. We graduate students who will be the province’s next generation of professional engineering talent, and who serve and lead our communities in a world where engineering is central.
We will provide the highest-quality engineering programs whose students, staff, and faculty reflect our larger community’s diversity especially with respect to gender, Indigenous participation and geographic origin. We commit to accessibility through enrolment growth and to attracting exceptional students, staff, and faculty who are changemakers, committed to ethical and inclusive practices as we advance sustainability in our society and our world.
The Price Faculty of Engineering commits to the following values within the universal principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Offer an outstanding learning and work environment that is safe, professional and respectful, supportive and stimulating, promotes creativity and intellectual growth, personal fulfillment, and career progress.
• Provide service and leadership to the engineering community and broader society.
• Be team-oriented and also value the role of the individual.
• Foster interdisciplinary activities and also value in-depth disciplinary-based enquiry.
• Be responsive to the needs of the community and also uphold the independence of intellectual inquiry.
• Build on our strengths and also develop new opportunities that benefit broader society.
• Lead collaboratively, valuing a wide diversity of views and experiences
• Lead responsibly, working within budgets and resources.
Price Faculty of Engineering
E2-290 Engineering and Information Technology Complex
75A Chancellors Circle
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry campus)
Winnipeg MB, R3T 5V6