Learn about this occupation – including typical duties, education required, salary and job outlook information, job boards and more.
School psychologists working in schools in Manitoba provide a comprehensive range of psychological services to the school community that include assessment, diagnosis, intervention, consultation and prevention. School psychologists have strong clinical skills and a broad knowledge base in child and adolescent development, cognitive processes, psychopathology, school and community systems, learning, and behaviour disorders. (Manitoba Association of School Psychologists)
Find detailed information about the occupation, including typical duties and working conditions, in the links below:
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) - Canadian occupational descriptions
- OCCinfo by alis - Alberta-based occupational information
- O*NET Online - U.S. resource for occupational descriptions and information
- Sokanu - occupational profile and videos (U.S.)
- Who Are School Psychologists?- National Association of School Psychologists (U.S.)
In Manitoba School Psychologist need to obtain a Master’s Degree in School Psychology. The education and licensing vary in different provinces for School Psychologists. Please visit: Considering a Career as a School Psychologist in Canada? Role, Training, and Prospects from the Canadian Psychological Association for information about training and licensing in each province.
U of M Academic Calendar
The Academic Calendar & Catalogue outlines program admission and course requirements. Use the left menu to navigate to a specific faculty and program. To determine which degree path suits your unique occupational goals, speak with a Career Consultant. For support with course registration and academic issues, speak with an Academic Advisor.
Faculty and Department Homepages
Visit U of M's faculty and department homepage to learn about program application deadlines and processes, as well as additional in-house resources and opportunities.
Exploring Other Education Options
Labour market information
Labour market information informs users of supply and demand for specific occupations and sectors. It includes such things as salary and job outlook information. These resources support informed career decision making and job search efforts.
- Trend Analysis: Job Market Reports (Winnipeg Region) - Gov. of Canada Job Bank
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Job outlook for the U.S.
Professional associations may organize events and provide directories, job postings, career and labour market information. Student membership opportunities may also be available: engage, learn and network!
- Manitoba Association of School Psychologists
- Educational and School Psychology Associations in Canada and Abroad - Canadian Psychological Association
- Canadian Psychological Association
- National Association of School Psychologists
Directories, Industry Associations, and Sector Councils
These resources provide industry news, labour market information and a list of potential employers. Remember, there are usually multiple industries worth exploring.
- Schools in Manitoba - Manitoba Government list of divisions and schools
- District Map - Manitoba First Nations School System
- Directory of Adult Learning Centres in Manitoba - Manitoba Government
- Manitoba Affiliated Schools Overseas - Manitoba Government
- Manitoba 211 - directory of social service organizations in Manitoba
Search occupations of interest in the industry-specific job boards below to learn about skill requirements, employers, job duties and available jobs. You may also wish to search more general online job boards.