Lab2Market (L2M) is a 16 week program to help researchers validate their ideas with the purpose of finding business/commercial value. The program has been designed to help you success with access to:
- $15,000 in funding
- Training from innovation leaders
- Mentors, industry experts and funders
- A vast entrepreneurial network
- The opportunity to access product-market fit
Who is Lab2Market for?
L2M backs researchers to help them validate their ideas - taking your idea from lab to market.
Applicants must apply in teams made up of:
- Entrepreneurial Lead (main applicant) - A full-time graduate student who has developed, or is currently developing, tech-based university research.
- Technical Lead (faculty member) - The principal investigator (PI) for the research project.
Why do we exist?
The Government of Canada has invested billions of dollars into applied research and the innovation economy. As a result, our nation has spurred great researchers and entrepreneurship programs from coast-to-coast.
Despite this, the playbook for research commercialization is still sparse. The L2M program aims to change that by charting the path for research commercialization in Canada.
L2M Winnipeg Winter Cohort Schedule
- L2M Application Submissions closes August 25, 2021
- Team selections 26-27 August, 2021
- Mitacs Applications Due 10 September, 2021
- L2M Training Bootcamp 4 - 8 October, 2021
- L2M Kick Off 8 - 10 November, 2021
- L2M Core Program 15 November - 17 December, 2021
- L2M Wrap Up 20 - 21 December, 2021
Program will be delivered virtually.
L2M has supported 116 research teams across 15 Canadian universities, with technologies ranging from 3D printed cell models to nanotechnology-based protective coatings to cultivated meats. With the success of these cohorts, L2M has attracted a variety of publications such as Betakit, Entrevestor, FedDev, ACOA and more.