Lab2Market Prairies (L2M Prairies) is a 16 week program to help researchers validate their ideas with the purpose of finding business/commercial value, and to then bring those ideas from lab to market. The program has been designed to help you succeed with access to:
- $15,000 in funding
- Training from innovation leaders
- Mentors, industry experts and funders
- A vast entrepreneurial network
- The opportunity to access product-market fit
Who is Lab2Market for?
L2M Prairies backs researchers to help them validate their ideas - taking your idea from lab to market.
Applicants must apply in teams made up of:
- Entrepreneurial Lead (main applicant) - A full-time graduate student (Masters, Ph.D., or Postdocs) who has developed, or is currently developing, tech-based university research.
- Technical Lead (faculty member) - The principal investigator (PI) for the research project.
Why do we exist?
The Government of Canada has invested billions of dollars into applied research and the innovation economy. As a result, our nation has spurred great researchers and entrepreneurship programs from coast-to-coast.
Despite this, the playbook for research commercialization is still sparse. The L2M program aims to change that by charting the path for research commercialization in Canada.
Information about Cohort 5 coming soon!
L2M has supported more than 116 research teams across 15 Canadian universities, with technologies ranging from 3D printed cell models to nanotechnology-based protective coatings to cultivated meats. With the success of these cohorts, L2M has attracted a variety of publications such as Betakit, Entrevestor, FedDev, ACOA and more.