Before contacting the Service Desk for assistance, try checking if your device can connect properly:
- Connect your computer to a Network Login port and then power it on.
- Configure your machine to use DHCP.
- Release and renew your IP address.
- Start a modern web browser with pop-ups enabled (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
- Log in using your UMNetID and password. You will have access to the campus network after the Network Login has authenticated you.
- To disconnect, unplug the cable from the outlet, disable and re-enable your network adapter or reboot your machine.
Request assistance with the wired network
Create an IT ticket to request assistance with the wired network. Someone from the IST Service Desk will contact you to ask for more information and assist you.
Report a problem
Report a problem with the wired network
Create an IT ticket to report a problem with the wired network. Someone from the IST Service Desk will contact you to ask for more information and assist you.
You may also be interested in
Request IP address or host name
Request to register your MAC address if you are using a data port.
Request port activation, deactivation or configuration
Submit a request if you require activation, configuration, or deactivation of a voice, data or logon port.
Request port installation
Request installing a network port.
Network port change request form
This form provides departmental computer-reps with a quick means for requesting the activation, deactivation, changing, and obtaining the status of network ports on campus.
Qualified IST Service Desk analysts are waiting to assist you Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Call or chat
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Call 204-474-8600 or Chat now
To report a critical system outage after hours or on weekends and holidays, call 204-474-8600 and press 2.
IST Service Desk walk-in service
123 Fletcher Argue
University of Manitoba, Fort Garry
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Join the queue: Fort Garry WaitWell or text your name to 431-631-0844
230 Neil John Maclean Library
University of Manitoba, Bannatyne
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Join the queue: Bannatyne WaitWell or text your name to 431-631-6555