Apply for the Alumni Association entrance scholarship
The Alumni Association of the University of Manitoba has established a trust fund to offer scholarships to students entering the university. The purpose of the fund is to reward the students who have submitted the best essays on the topic of becoming a future alum of the University.
Each year, the available annual income will be used to offer one or more scholarships, with a minimum value of $1,000, each to undergraduate students who:
- have achieved the minimum admission requirements to any faculty, college or school with a Direct Entry program option (including University 1) at the University of Manitoba;
- are enrolled full-time (minimum 80% course load) in the first year of studies;
- has, in the opinion of the selection committee, submitted one of the best essays on the personal significance of becoming a future alum of the University of Manitoba.
- Submits an essay (maximum 300 words) to support criterion (3).
Applicants selected for this award may have their essay, or a portion of the essay, published in promotional materials for the University of Manitoba.
Before you begin
- Gather your personal information, including your UM student number.
- Obtain a copy of your current U of M transcript showing course enrollment (a printout or screenshot of your online Aurora account is acceptable). Please save this file in PDF format.
- Write a 300-word essay that describes the personal significance of becoming a future alum of the University of Manitoba. Save this essay as a PDF or DOCX file.
- Upload the saved files to a third-party hosting service (e.g., Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.). Please ensure that this file has had sufficient permissions granted to allow us to download it, and please ensure the file will not expire within 90 days of the end of the submission period.
- Submit your application using the form below.
Unit 200-137 Innovation Drive
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 6B6 Canada