Important dates and deadlines

  • Voluntary Withdrawal (VW) deadline: Fall Term classes

  • Winter/Summer Term spanning course registration opens

  • Limited access for Winter Registration ends

  • Last day of classes

  • - Examination and test dates

  • - Winter holiday

  • New Student Orientation Winter Term (Fort Garry Campus)

  • First day of classes: Winter Term

Aurora is a key part of your experience

Order transcripts and other documents

Official transcripts are normally required to support applications for admission to academic programs at another institution and sometimes for employment applications. Student Records also keeps proof of graduation and registration RESPs. At tax time, tuition tax receipts are available in Aurora.

UM student identification cards

Always carry your UM Student ID card

Your Student ID card, which has your photograph on it, is your access key to many student services. You should carry it with you at all times.

The Student ID card is issued when you first attend UM and is permanent throughout your stay here.

  • The UM Student ID card is your library card.
  • You'll be asked to show it when you sit for examinations.
  • They'll ask for it when you pay for or use the athletic facility or go to a UM Bison game.
  • You need it to purchase a food service meal plan.
  • You'll need it to validate your Winnipeg Transit U-Pass.
  • You'll need to use it as a swipe card on certain doors.

Contact the Registrar's Office

400 UMSU University Centre
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry campus)
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2

Appeal a fee:
Inquire about convocation:

1-877-474-9420 (toll free)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.