The Registrar’s Office is a key information hub on campus. The Registrar's Office gathers information about enrolment, and academic and financial records. When you register with Aurora, you'll have access to registration material, including the course catalog.
Important dates and deadlines
Voluntary Withdrawal (VW) deadline: Fall Term classes
Winter/Summer Term spanning course registration opens
Limited access for Winter Registration ends
Last day of classes
- Examination and test dates
- Winter holiday
New Student Orientation Winter Term (Fort Garry Campus)
First day of classes: Winter Term
Aurora is a key part of your experience
Order transcripts and other documents
Official transcripts are normally required to support applications for admission to academic programs at another institution and sometimes for employment applications. Student Records also keeps proof of graduation and registration RESPs. At tax time, tuition tax receipts are available in Aurora.
UM student identification cards
Always carry your UM Student ID card
Your Student ID card, which has your photograph on it, is your access key to many student services. You should carry it with you at all times.
The Student ID card is issued when you first attend UM and is permanent throughout your stay here.
- The UM Student ID card is your library card.
- You'll be asked to show it when you sit for examinations.
- They'll ask for it when you pay for or use the athletic facility or go to a UM Bison game.
- You need it to purchase a food service meal plan.
- You'll need it to validate your Winnipeg Transit U-Pass.
- You'll need to use it as a swipe card on certain doors.
How to get a UM student ID card
Contact the Registrar's Office
400 UMSU University Centre
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry campus)
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2