Under the Manitoba-Minnesota Reciprocity Agreement, any student who is a resident of the state of Minnesota, as defined by the University of Manitoba, is granted reciprocity fee status following application, submission of required documentation, and confirmation by the Registrar's Office.
You must be admitted to the university to submit this application. Incomplete applications will be destroyed. After a successful application, a Minnesota reciprocity student pays the same tuition rate as a Canadian Citizen.
I'm from Minnesota; How does this benefit me?
- Apply for admission. On the application form you will identify yourself as an international applicant. Along with your application you will be asked to submit required documents like official transcripts.
- Once you have accepted your offer of admission, you will receive an email to fill out the Manitoba Minnesota Reciprocity form. You must submit the form to the Registrar's Office by fax or in person.
- All documentation must be received by the end of the revision period of each term.
- Minnesota Reciprocity applications must be resubmitted annually to the Registrar’s Office.
- To ensure we capture your residence status correctly, view your student information in Aurora.
International health insurance fees will still be assessed.
If you would like to take advantage of this agreement, you should inquire with the Minnesota institution where you plan to enroll. Indicate that you wish to obtain the reciprocal tuition rate and be prepared to provide proof of Manitoba residency. Each institution may have its own application procedure.