You may be asked to provide proof of registration from Registered Education Savings Plan providers, immigration officers and others during your time as a UM student.
In order to receive proof of registration, make sure you have no outstanding payments to the University. These include parking tickets, library fines and residence fees. Proof of registration will only be issued once these obligations are met.
Certificate of Enrolment or status letter
Upon request, the Registrar’s Office will prepare a Certificate of Enrolment/Status Letter document for domestic and international students. The document is $11.50 per term, per copy (subject to change) and can take five business days to prepare. Students who require multiple terms of information must submit a separate request for each academic term.
Students can use Aurora to order an enrolment verification online. Pay credit card, Interac and Visa Debit only.
Students may need an Enrolment Verification letter for one of the following reasons:
- Proof of enrolment for ALL RESP companies
- Proof of enrolment for private healthcare providers (not needed for Manitoba Health)
- Proof of enrolment for immigration applications
- Proof of enrolment for insurance through MPI (international students)
- Proof of enrolment for scholarships
- Status letter
What the letter includes
This document is prepared on UM letterhead. Included information will be documented as it exists in Aurora on the date that the letter is ordered. It will reflect your current program and enrolment information for one term of study. One page will be provided for each term of study.
The following student information is also included in the letter:
- Your name
- Student number
- Date of birth
- Current program information
- Full- or part-time status for each term of the applicable academic year
- Credit hours and course registration for the term of study
- Total number of passed credit hours in program
RESP or Scholarship Trust Funds forms
Some RESP/Scholarship Trust Fund companies have their own form they request be filled out by the Registrar’s Office of a student’s home institution. The Registrar's Office no longer accepts these forms.
Instead, please submit a request for an Education Verification/Proof of Registration to be sent to the company.