A group of University of Manitoba International students standing outside of the Tier building

International students

International admission requirements

Students applying to the U of M must meet our English language proficiency standards and our academic requirements.

International student support

Our International Student Advisors (ISAs) are here to help you adjust to life in Canada at any stage in your time at the U of M. We help you plan ahead or work through challenges, personal or academic. We can offer information and referrals on visas, study permits or work permits, and other student concerns. 

Emergency resources

Lost or stolen passports/travel documents

If your passport is lost or stolen, contact your consulate or embassy immediately to report the loss and arrange a new passport. In most cases, you will be required to file a police report.

You may also want to contact the International Centre for advice: 204-474-8501.

U of M Security Services

In case of an emergency, you can call U of M Security Services at no cost, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.


If you are planning to travel during your time at the U of M, give the following information to Security Services before you leave, so that they can help you in emergency: 

  • Name and UM student or staff number 
  • Location 
  • Phone number or email address 

Students overseas are also encouraged to contact their local program coordinator or administrative contact in case of an emergency. 

Contact Us

International Centre
541 UMSU University Centre 
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry campus)
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada


International Centre events