Apply for the Alumni Association community leadership scholarship
The Alumni Association of the University of Manitoba has established an endowment fund to offer scholarships to students who have demonstrated extracurricular involvement at the university.
Each year, the available income from the fund will be used to offer one or
more scholarships, with a minimum value of $1,000 each, to undergraduate students who:
- are enrolled full-time or part-time in any faculty, college, or school at the University of Manitoba;
- have achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.0;
- have demonstrated extra-curricular involvement at the university;
- submits an essay (max 300 words) on the topic of their experience and involvement with UM organizations and/or activities
- submits list of their experience and involvement with UM organizations and/or activities
Applicants selected for this award may have their essay, or a portion of the essay, published in promotional materials for the University of Manitoba.
Before you begin
- Gather your personal information, including your UM student number.
- Obtain a copy of your current U of M transcript showing course enrollment (a printout or screenshot of your online Aurora account is acceptable). Please save this file in PDF format.
- Submit an essay (maximum 300 words) that speaks to your involvement with the University of Manitoba organizations and/or activities and the personal significance of your experiences. Save this essay as a PDF or DOCX file.
- Upload the saved files to a third-party hosting service (e.g., Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.). Please ensure that this file has had sufficient permissions granted to allow us to download it, and please ensure the file will not expire within 90 days of the end of the submission period.
- Submit your application using the form below.
Unit 200-137 Innovation Drive
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 6B6 Canada