The University of Manitoba is a place where you can define who you really are. We don't just embrace big dreamers, we encourage them. We recognize the potential of our prospective students and have developed a program to promote strong leaders within the university community. The Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship program highlights exceptional high school graduates who combine outstanding leadership potential with academic giftedness. Each scholarship is valued at $16 000, allocated over four years of study.
2011-2012 Leaders of Tomorrow
The Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship application deadline was December 2, 2013 for students entering university in the 2014-2015 academic year.
Leader of Tomorrow Application is now closed. Successful applicants will be contacted in February 2014.
Candidates will require:
Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships will be offered to students who:
1. have achieved a high school average of at least 90 percent calculated on
the basis of results in (or equivalent courses for north-western Ontario
2. have demonstrated evidence of leadership qualities and future potential;
3. have demonstrated evidence of a high level of communication skills;
4. have a record of community involvement (e.g., school, local community,
city-wide, regional, national, international);
5. have demonstrated evidence of special abilities other than those shown
by academic results (e.g., artistic, athletic, or linguistic skills, literary
6. have completed a University of Manitoba application for admission by the
December 2 deadline, including payment of application fee.
Applicants must submit a Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship application to the Financial Aid and Awards Office by the posted deadline (December 2, 2013).
Potential Leader of Tomorrow candidates should also take the time to search for additional scholarships. View our Awards & Scholarshps link for links to search engines.