Frequently Asked Questions

Needing to describe or use the University's name

How do I legally describe or name the University in an agreement or contract?

Is the University incorporated?

What is the University's full legal name?


Using the Office of Legal Counsel

When should I contact the Office of Legal Counsel?

I need to use the services of the Office of Legal Counsel, who do I call?

Who can Notarize documents or swear or affirm an Oath or Affidavit?


Governing Documents

How do I Change or Create a Governing Document?



When do I need to have Parental Consent or Waiver signed?


Agreements or Contracts

How is an Agreement defined under the Signing of Agreements Policy?

What is a Standard Agreement?

How do I use a Standard Agreement?

What if I need to make changes to a Standard Agreement?

What is a Non-Standard Agreement?

When does my Agreement or Contract need to be reviewed by the Office of Legal Counsel?

How do I have a Non-Standard Agreement reviewed and approved by you?

Who signs the Contract Routing Form?

How many copies of the Agreement should be sent with the Contract Routing Form?

Who can sign an Agreement? Does it make a difference if it is a Standard or Non- Standard Agreements?

Who signs the Agreement if the Agreement is not listed in Schedule “A” or if the value cannot be determined?

Can I accept a signature that is a reproduction such as an electronic signature, photocopy, fax, stamp or scan?

There is only a signing line for the University to acknowledge terms; does this type of document still need to come to the Office of Legal Counsel for review with a Contract Routing Form?

The proper person at the University has signed the Agreement, who do I give it to?











NEW! Click here for Frequently Asked Questions and other resources regarding Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, which comes into force on Tuesday, July 1, 2014