Log into FAST and select the module Budget Transfers on the left side of the screen.
Header Orgn - enter the Organization code to which you belong or
which the budget transfer relates to.
Effective Date - Select the effective date.
Budget Series - Select FY XX Base Budget or FY XX Fiscal Budget.
Budget Type - BD04.
Description - Enter a description for the transfer.
4. Click Create at the bottom right of the header.
5. The accounting section of the Budget Transfer will display.
6. Click on New to add a budget transfer line and enter the following fields:
a. Fund, Orgn, Acct, Prog, Actv, Locn
i. Key in the chart of account elements or click the Search icon to
search for the element.
b. Employee (6 digits) - If your transfer is related to an employee budget salary, enter
the employee number.
c. Position (5 characters) - Enter the position number for the employee the
transfer relates to.
d. Comments - Enter your transfer description.
e. Reference # - Enter your budget code. The most common reference codes are:
BP0007 - Transfer to/from other cost centre (from one account
code to another)
BP0008 - Transfer to/from other position (from one employee
position to another)
BP0009 - Transfer to/from other Organization code.
f. Incr Exp, Decr Rev - Enter the amount that (1) the expense account is being
increased by or
(2) the revenue account is being decreased by.
g. Decr Exp, Incr Rev - Enter the amount that (1) the expense account is being
decreased by or
(2) the revenue account is being increased by.
7. Click the save icon to save your budget transfer line.
8. Click New to add another record to your budget transfer line and repeat steps 6 to 8
until all lines have been entered.
9. If attachments are required, click Attach Additional Information below the accounting
section to add an attachement.
10. After all accounting lines have been added, click Submit for Approval.
11. You will be brought to a page to select who to submit the budget transfer to in the system.
You can either submit it to your supervisor or to Financial Services.
To submit to your supervisor - In the field titled Employee, click the search icon to search by username or last name. Once the name displays, click the name to populate it in the field.
To submit to Financial Services - Click on the radio button beside "OR check here to send directly to Financial Services."
12. Click Submit to finalize submission to your selection.