||Head, Quality Management Unit
National Laboratory for HIV Immunology
National HIV & Retrovirology Laboratory
Public Health Agency of Canada
JC Wilt Infectious Diseases Research Centre
J1121 - 745 Logan Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3E 3L5
HIV pathogenesis, mechanisms of resistance to infection, mucosal innate immune mechanisms, and drug-resistance to antiretroviral therapies. Virology and innate immunology (NK cell biology), most recently with HIV, Influenza and Dengue.
For a list of Dr. Meyers' PubMed articles, please click here
- Ghadially H, Keynan Y, Kimani J, Kimani M, Ball TB, Plummer FA, Mandelboim O, and AFA Meyers. 2010. Altered DC/NK interaction in Kenyan sex workers resistant to HIV-1 infection.
- Songok EM, Osero B, McKinnon L, Rono MK, Apidi W, Matey EJ, Meyers AFA, Luo M, Kimani J, Wachihi C, Ball BT, Plummer FA, Mpoke S. 2010. CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV (CD26/DPPIV) is highly expressed in peripheral blood of HIV-1 exposed uninfected female sex workers. Virology Journal. 7: 343.
- Meyers and Fowke KR. 2010. International Symposium on Natural Immunity to HIV: A Gathering of the HIV Highly Exposed Seronegative Clan. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 202(S3): S327 - S328.
- Keynan Y, Juno J, Meyers A, Ball TB, Kumar A, Rubinstein E, and KR Fowke. 2010. Chemokine receptor 5∆32 allele in patients with severe pandemic (H1N1) 2009. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 16(10): 1621 -2.
- Filoviruses – New Insight into Virus Replication. Meyers AFA, Feldmann H, Artsob H, Ebihara H. (2007). in Hefferon (ed) Virus expression vectors. 381-413.
- Wasilenko ST, *Stewart TL, *Meyers AFA and M Barry. 2003. Vaccinia virus encodes a previously uncharacterized mitochondrial-associated inhibitor of apoptosis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 100: 14345-50.
- MA Marra et al. 2003. The Genome Sequence of the SARS-Associated Coronavirus. Science. 300: 1399-404.