NON-UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA GRADUATES
This page is for applicants who received tentative acceptance from an Academic Advisor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering AND
- Never Attended the University of Manitoba OR
- Attended the University of Manitoba AND another University
Should you have questions please contact us by EMAIL ONLY. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to phone calls.
- Fill-in the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Pay the APPLICATION FEE
- APPLICATION FORM
On the online Admissions Application, please provide names and emails of two (2) PROFESSORS who are able to provide us with references regarding your academic work and background, work ethics, length of time he/she has known you, nature of the acquaintance (instructor, co-author, academic/research/thesis advisor), etc
- PREFERRED: PROFESSORS
- TWO Academic References are preferred.
- Fellow students -- NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Post-Docs -- NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Relatives -- NOT ACCEPTABLE
- If you ask more than 2 professors to submit a Recommendations, the processing time of your application may be longer
- DO NOT submit more than 2 references -- it will slow the processing of your application
- NON-ACADEMICS may act as references.
- Supervisors -- Preferred
- Co-Workers, Friends, Relatives -- NOT ACCEPTABLE
On your Admissions Application, there may be an area designated for "AWARDS". As the Department distributes awards in-house, in this area of your Online Admissions Application, enter "NO"
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAM RESULTS
At this point, for the ONLINE Application, we will accept PHOTOCOPIES of English Language results
At this point, for the ONLINE Application, we need only PHOTOCOPIES of transcripts
- We must receive a photocopies of your transcripts in it's
- Original Language and
- Translated, verbatim, into English
- University of Manitoba Transcripts: If you also attended the University of Manitoba at any time you DO NOT need to send us University of Manitoba transcripts
- ALL POST-SECONDARY transcripts are required -- REGARDLESS of whether no courses were taken and only research was done
- We accept International Students as "FULL-TIME" Students ONLY.
- International Students may NOT hold "PART-TIME" Student positions
- International Students are responsible for holding the proper immigration paperwork PRIOR to registration
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that he/she holds the current and correct documents required by the IRCC to enroll as a graduate student in Canada. Additionally, International Students must conduct themselves in accordance to IRCC rules and regulations.
- International Student General Information: http://umanitoba.ca/ece/pros_students/grad/cic.html
- Questions regarding studying in Canada must be directed directly to the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)
AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR ...
ONLINE APPLICATION and PAID your Processing Fee, please send the following information to your Academic Advisor who asked you to submit an application and ask him/her to ask the Graduate Student Advisor to process your admissions application and adjust intake period if necessary.
- YOUR NAME, as it appears on your Admissions Application
- GS NUMBER: Your APPLICATION NUMBER after you have paid your processing fee (this application number begins with "GS")
- It is the responsibility of the Academic Advisor (Professor) to contact the Department about your application and intake
Processing time for a Graduate Admissions Application is ~4 to ~16 weeks
- SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT:
- The University will communicate with you through your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT
- Admissions results, request for additional information, etc. will be communicated to you through your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT
- Please MONITOR your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT.
- OFFER OF ADMISSIONS:
- If you are offered an Offer of Admissions ACCEPT or DECLINE the Offer of Admissions as soon as possible
- OFFER OF ADMISSIONS LETTER:
- If applicable, to your situation, print out the Offer Letter to use for your Visa Application
- Additional information may be required by the Department or FACULTY OF GRADUATE STUDIES to evaluate your admissions application. We will contact you by email and/or through your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT .
- If you are offered admissions, at that time, you are required to submit ALL OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS (please see STEP 7: Official Documents Required)
- DO NOT SEND us any Official Documents until you know whether or not you have been ACCEPTED into the Graduate Program
- We DO NOT return any documents
- If there are problems in submitting Official Documents please contact your Academic Advisor
Neither Tentative Approval for admissions by an academic advisor within ECE or the submission of an application and payment of processing fees guarantees admissions to the Graduate Program. All applications are reviewed by the Department and the Faculty of Graduate Studies. FINAL ADMISSIONS APPROVAL rests with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
All students are responsible for the content of their Admissions Application and in making sure that the instructions and procedures are followed for the proper submission of an Admissions Application which includes obtaining Tentative Acceptance from a professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering in advance of the submission of an official admissions application.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that he / she holds the current and correct documents required by the IRCC to enroll as a graduate student in Canada. Additionally,International students must conduct themselves in accordance to IRCC rules and regulations.