The following motions were approved by the Board of Governors at the May 19, 2020 meeting:
Motions Approved in Open Session:
That the Board of Governors approves increases for tuition fees and university-wide fees for 2020/21 Academic Year as follows:
- Undergraduate domestic tuition rates increase using a variable tuition framework, with an average increase of 3.75%.
- Graduate domestic tuition rates increase 3.75% with the exception of no increase for the MBA and Master of Finance programs.
- International tuition differential rates increase consistent with domestic rates and differential fees for Ph.D. students be eliminated.
- Continuing fees increase to $500.00 per term and that students be assessed the fee in each term of study where they are not assessed program or tuition fees (including the Summer term beginning in 2021).
- That university-wide fees increase 3.75%.
- That a revised lab fees rate structure based on lab delivery costs be approved with four categories set at the following rates for 2020/21: $35, $60, $85, and variable (approved on a course by course basis).
That the Board of Governors approves a consolidated budget for the year ending March 31, 2021 that includes:
- total revenues of $904,583,000;
- total expenses of $922,851,000; and
- a balanced general operating budget of $674,627,000.
The Board received for information and discussion the following items:
The President’s Report