The MCHP Project Feasibility and Data Access Quote Request Form (FORM) is used to collect information about your research project and identify all of the databases you want to use in your research project. The entire research plan (the research proposal and the completed FORM) must be submitted to MCHP for feasibility review.
The FORM is available in two versions - one is an on-line, fillable form and one is printable. A version of each form is available in the More Information section below.
The FORM contains four sections and two appendices that collect the following information:
A. Project Title and Principal Investigator (PI)
- the full title of the project;
- the name of the Principal Investigator (PI) and contact information (e-mail address, institution/department, telephone number, and full mailing address);
- the Project Coordinator/PI's assistant (name and e-mail address);
- an indication whether the project is a thesis. If it is, indicate the level or type of thesis and the thesis supervisor's name and e-mail address (see MCHP Guidelines for Student Use document for more information); and
- the name of the University of Manitoba project associated investigator (if required).
B. Project Information
C. Funding Information
- indicate the source of funding, if known;
- if funding is being applied for, please indicate this on the form;
- the name of the PI on the funding submission;
- the amount expected/received;
- the expected project start and end dates;
- indicate whether you will be applying for the MCHP Rady Faculty Research Support Fund - for Rady Faculty members only; and
- indicate whether you will be applying for the Evelyn Shapiro Award for Health Services Research - for students only.
D. MCHP Accreditation Status
Appendix 1. List of Databases Required from the MCHP Data Repository
A list of Data Repository databases required for your research project is necessary for a feasibility review, and the database list is also required for submission for project approvals. The information should be presented in table format with the following column headings:
Appendix 2. Database Not Available in the MCHP Repository
NOTE: Completion of Appendix 2 is only required if you are also planning to use project specific data, that is not part of the Manitoba Population Research Data Repository. The project specific data must be identified and approved for use.
Appendix 2 has two sections to complete, including: