Title: Faculty of Agriculture fonds, Department of Agricultural Engineering Series.
Extent: 0.9 m of textual records. -- 102 photographs: 93 photographs, 9 negatives.
Administrative history: The Department of Agricultural Engineering was established under the title Mechanics and Engineering when the Agricultural College opened in 1906. In 1910, Professor L.J. Smith suggested the name the Department of Agricultural Engineering. After the separation of the diploma and degree courses around 1920, the chief teaching work was with diploma students. The Agricultural Mechanics option, which had been discontinued for many years, was reestablished in 1951. The name of the department has been changed to the Department of Biosystems Engineering.
Custodial history: The Department transferred records to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections in 1988 and 1990.
Scope and content: The series consists of departmental council minutes, correspondence, budgets, annual reports, research project reports, Department of Agricultural Engineering Annual Reports, research grants, and operating budgets. Also included are files relating to the Agricultural Engineering Departmental Council and the Faculty of Agriculture Council. Both colour and black and white photographs and negatives are located in PC 17.
Restrictions: Files labeled "Restricted" contain confidential information and are not available for research without the permission of University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections.
Finding aid: A printed finding aid is available in the Archives reading room and an on-line finding aid is available at the link below:
UA 21, PC 17, TC 11 (A.80-06, A.81-16, A.82-44, A.82-46, A.82-47, A.83-08, A.83-13, A.88-01, A.88-02, A.88-03, A.88-04, A.88-05, A.88-06, A.88-07, A.88-08, A.88-47, A.88-49, A.89-37, A.89-38, A.89-43, A.89-44, A.90-01, A.90-41, A.90-67, A.90-74, A.90-75, A.91-11, A.92-34, A.93-07, A.93-12, A.93-61).