The T2202A form is used by students to claim the Tuition Tax Credit. This form is available online only, and can be accessed by students through Aurora.
T2202As are released annually, normally at the end of February. Please note, however, that these forms are not required by law to be available by this date and on occasion they may be released at a slightly later date.
Your T2202A form includes only eligible tuition fees and education amounts, and is based on the calendar year in which courses were taken and not the year the fees were paid.
Step 1: Log in to Aurora.
Step 2: Select Enrolment & Academic Records, then 'Canadian Tax Forms'.
Step 3: Choose the applicable option:
- 'For the Tax Year 2007 & forward':
- You will have the option to print or view the data. You may of course print the view data screen; however it is not the format the government (or your accountant) would expect.
- If you have viewed the printable version at one point, the next time you enter it will show that you are printing a duplicate copy; this copy is still a valid form.
- Forms for the Tax Year 2014 & forward will be provided as a PDF document and will appear in a new window. If you click the document and nothing appears, verify your pop-up blocker settings.
- 'For the Tax Year 2006 & prior':
- Your form will automatically open in the format the government expects.
- To change the year you are viewing you should use the drop down menu in the upper left corner.
Check the Canada Revenue Agency website for detailed information on eligible amounts and claim procedures.
Updated February 18, 2016