The Canadian Forces Fire Marshall's Firefighter Pre-Entry Fitness Evaluation (CFFM FPFE) is typically done as part of the application process of the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Services (WFPS) and Brandon Fire & Emergency Services. WFPS may have specific requirements for registering for testing. Contact the department for specific details. If they do not have specific information, the following information applies.
All assessments take place in the Active Living Centre at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg.
- $304.00 (plus GST) payable when you register. Fee is good for one test only
- Refund policy
- No refunds for no shows
- Candidates must give 4 working days (Mon. to Fri.) notice to have test date changed
- Candidates are required to have completed physician's release form together with payment at the time of the registration
- NO phone registrations. Candidates may register by mail, fax, e-mail or in person only
- Please make cheques payable to the University of Manitoba
- We accept, Visa, Master Card, Interact, cheque or cash
- All scheduled appointments are subject to cancellations by the University of Manitoba, Recreation Services
Expect to be at the University for 3 - 4 hours on the day of your test. Parking is free after 4:30 pm and on weekends, except where designated as "24 hour reserved". We suggest parking in U lot, where ticket parking (before 4:30 pm) is $3.00 for 2 hours, or in the University parkade.
- Arrange doctor's appointment to complete the Fire Fighter Applicant Physical Fitness Assessment Physician's Release Form.
- Register for the physical fitness assessment after the Fire Fighter Applicant Physical Fitness Assessment Physician's Release Form has been completed by your physician. Registration takes place at the University of Manitoba, at the Active Living Centre.
- Download and read the information package carefully.
- Follow the preparation instructions.
- On your test day please bring
- Picture identification, such as a drivers' license
- Clothing (detailed in the downloadable Fire Fighter Applicant Physical Fitness Assessment Pre-assessment Instructions
- Two T-shirts with short sleeves
- Running shoes
- Extra socks - several pairs
- Gloves (optional)
- Towel, soap
- Lock (for a locker)
- Recreation Services will provide all the necessary gear, however you may also bring your own firefighting gear.