Research Facilitation Services offered include:
• Assist researchers at all stages of the proposal development process to develop competitive research grant applications, proposals, and clinical trial protocols that support research in the medical sciences
• Editing support and review of grant applications and proposals to provide feedback on:
o study design, methodology, feasibility, budget and other proposal components
o addressing comments from previous reviewers
o adherence to grant application guidelines
o writing clarity, logic and flow of the document
• Provide support and assistance for nominations and CRC applications
• Assist with Knowledge Translation strategies and activities
• Establish and foster links between academic units
• Facilitate collaborative research partnerships
• Act as a liaison between individuals, teams, Office of the VP (Research and International), Office of Research Services, funding agencies, other institutions and
• Host workshops on funding programs and developing successful research proposals
Jodi has a PhD (Pharmacology and Therapeutics) and an MSc (Anatomy and Cell Science) from the University of Manitoba, and a BSc (Biology, 4-year) from the University of Winnipeg. She has held an MRC studentship and a Canadian Liver Foundation scholarship. Jodi has almost 10 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry as a Clinical Research Scientist. She has developed clinical trial protocols and other clinical trial documents, interpreted clinical trial data, and written regulatory documents such as clinical study reports, clinical sections of product labeling (Canada, USA, EU), and clinical sections of the Common Technical Document for submission to regulatory authorities (Canada, USA, EU).
Jodi is a board-certified editor in the life sciences (ELS) and has experience as a medical writer and editor. She has edited over 400 manuscripts and regulatory documents for authors whose first language is not English. Jodi has worked as a Research Facilitator at the University of Manitoba since December of 2012, and she also has experience working as a Research Grants Officer in the social sciences and humanities field at the University of Manitoba.
309 Pathology Bldg