How a student can request a Volunteer Note Taker (if this is already an approved accommodation)
- Login to the SAS portal in JUMP.
- You MUST confirm that you require a VNT for each course necessary by clicking the "change this" link.
- Click "OK" on the pop-up.
- You will be able to browse any sample notes that have been submitted by potential note-takers under “Note taker availability”. Once you select one, the volunteer will receive an automated e-mail to begin uploading all of their notes. If it says “None are available at this time” it means that no one has volunteered their notes and you will need to talk to your Accessibility Advisor about making another announcement in your class.
- Once the volunteer has uploaded their notes, you can view the notes for a particular class by clicking on the "notes" button.
- You will see a listing of all the notes uploaded and you can select which notes you would like to download by clicking "View notes". You can also see any additional comments the volunteer may have made under the "Comments" column.