Located at the Asper School of Business at the University of Manitoba, the Transport Institute (TI) is a world-reowned research institute in transportation and logistics. With a rich history of more than 30 years, TI researchers actively undertake outstanding collaborative scholarly research and publications, facilitate the transfer of knowledge to the professional communities, and train graduate students to become competent scholars in transportation and logistics. TI plays a highly important role in defining Canada and the world’s future scholarly research direction of transportation and logistics.
- Be recognized as a leading institute that undertakes high quality scholarly research in transportation and logistics.
- Be recognized as a leading institute that plays a significant role in defining the future direction in transportation and logistics research.
- Be recognized as a leading institute of collaborative scholarly research of faculty members, researchers, and students in transportation and logistics.
- Be recognized as a leading institute that actively involves professional stakeholders into high quality scholarly research.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and findings generated from such high quality research to the professional communities so as to solve real problems in policymaking and industries in transportation and logistics.
- Train graduate students to become competent scholarly researchers in transportation and logistics in Manitoba, Canada, and the world.
- Train policymakers and industrial practitioners in transportation and logistics.
- Undertake high quality research and publish high quality scholarly works.
- Edit internationally well-recognized scholarly journals and scholarly book series.
- Actively work and collaborative between faculty members, researchers, and students in high quality research.
- Organize scholarly conferences on transportation and logistics.
- Actively involve in the supervision and training of graduate students.
- Organize the Certificate in Logistics (C-Log) Program, a well-recognized professional program that has been offered by UMTI since 1997.