- The University of Manitoba Health Research Ethics Board (HREB) requires an annual study status report to be submitted. NOTE: If you do not submit an Annual Report to HREB, there is a risk that your project may be closed.
- The following information is available on the Office of Research Ethics and Compliance website:
- HREB will send the Principal Investigator a Certificate of Annual Approval after the report is reviewed and renewed.
- A copy of each HREB Certificate of Annual Approval must be sent to the Health Information Privacy Committee (HIPC) and to the MCHP Repository Access Unit (RAU).
- An annual MCHP Accreditation renewal is also required. The MCHP Repository Access Unit (RAU) will send you a renewal notice via email. If the annual Accreditation is not completed, your project may be closed. For more information on this, see Step 1 - Accreditation.
The required tasks include:
- Complete an Annual Study Status Report.
- Submit the Annual Study Status Report to HREB.
- Send a copy of the HREB Certificate of Annual Approval to HIPC.
- Send a copy of the HREB Certificate of Annual Approval to the MCHP Repository Access Unit (RAU).
The next step in the MCHP Data Access Process is Step 10 - Data Use and Output Guidelines.
Page Last Updated: March 3, 2020