Do you know what your Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) has to offer?
Immediate, confidential help for any concern:
- Your EFAP is a confidential and voluntary support service that can help you take the first step towards change. We'll help you find solutions to all kinds of challenges at any age and stage of life. Whether you have decided to get in shape, are considering buying a new home or want to find a better work-life balance - we have the expert insight to get you on your way.
- Achieve well-being: Stress • Depression • Anxiety • Anger • Crisis Situation • Life transitions
- Manage relationships and family: Separation and divorce • Edler care • Relationship conflict • Parenting • Blended family issues
- Find child and elder care resources: Maternity and parental leave • Adoption • Child care services • Schooling • Adult day programs • Nursing and retirement homes
- Get legal advice: Separation and divorce • Civil litigation • Custody and child support • Wills and estate planning
- Get financial guidance: Credit and debt management • Budgeting • Bankruptcy • Financial emergencies • Changing circumstances
- Deal with workplace challenges: Work-life balance • Conflict • Career planning • Bullying and harassment
- Tackle addictions: Alcohol • Tobacco • Drugs • Gambling • Other addictions • Post-recovery support
- Improve Nutrition: Weight management • Boost energy and resilience • High cholesterol • High blood pressure • Diabetes • Heart disease
- Focus on your health: Identify conditions • Prevent illness • Manage symptoms • Discover natural healing strategies • Create an action plan for better health
Help for all family members:
- You and your immediate family members (as defined in your employee benefit plan) can receive immediate, relevant support in a way that is most suited to your preferences, learning approach and lifestyle. Highly qualified, experienced and caring professional help you select a support option that works best for you.
A variety of contact methods:
- You can receive support over the telephone, in person, through e-counselling sessions, video counselling, first chat, and self-directed text-based resources.
- To manage your services, obtain immediate counselling resources & read further information, visit www.workhealthlife.com.
- Phone number for immediate and confidential assistance 24/7/365:
- English 1-800-387-4765
- French 1-800-361-5676
- Visit online ecounselling at: www.shepellfgi.com/ecounselling.
A mobile app that allows access to resources 24/7/365:
- Download the My EAP app from Shepell through your smartphone to obtain articles and resources, book a session, chat immediately with a counsellor, and even more!
Unbiased, confidential services:
- Your EFAP is completely confidential within the limits of the law. No one, including your employer, will ever know that you have used the service unless you choose to tell them.
FREE services - no cost to University of Manitoba employees and their families:
- There is no cost to use your EFAP. This benefit is provided to you by your employer. You can receive a series of sessions with a professional and if you need more specialized or longer-term support, your EFAP can suggest an appropriate specialist or service that is best suited to your needs. While fees for these additional services are your responsibility, they may be covered by your provincial or organizational health plan.
Still have questions?
View the Employee Orientation to EFAP services.
Learn more about Shepell through their corporate website.
Questions about your current Benefits plan? Contact Compensation & Benefits.