Under certain circumstances you may request a waiver of the English language proficiency requirement. You will need to provide supporting documentation to show that you meet one of the following conditions to receive the waiver:
- Ten consecutive years of residency in Canada that may include years of study in Canada. The period of residency will be the time lapsed between the "Landed On" date on the "Record of Landing" document and the start of the program.
- Successful completion of a three year secondary school program in Canada, or three years of post-secondary education in Canada, or any combination of three successful calendar years of secondary and post-secondary education in Canada.
- Successful completion of secondary studies equates to meeting the entrance requirements of the University of Manitoba. Secondary education must include Grade 12 where appropriate.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education equates to a minimum completion of 72 credit hours or equivalent.
- Graduation from a Manitoba high school, with five credits at the Grade 12 level, which include two credits of English at the 40S level with an average grade of 75%.
- Graduation from a Canadian Curriculum secondary school (other than Manitoba curriculum) with a year 12 English Literature grade of 75% or higher.
- Achieved a grade of four or greater on the International Baccalaureate Higher Level English course, or a grade of four or greater on the Advanced Placement English examination (Language Composition; Literature and Composition).
Additionally, applicants will receive the waiver if they verify conditions equivalent to 1, 2 or 3 listed above in a country where English is the primary language.