Any medication indicated on the participants personal information form will be required to be present at all times while attending programs. Participants who report to the program without associated medication may be asked to sit out of activities until it arrives.
Leaders are responsible for carrying the medication for all Mini and Junior participants. Senior participants have the option to carry their own medication with them. We ensure medication is readily available when necessary and passed among our team during staff transition times.
Allergy aware environment
We do our best to create an environment that is allergy aware but due to the size and diversity of the university we cannot guarantee that all spaces will be free of your child’s allergens.
Participants are expected to bring food that does not include nuts. Nut replacement products such as wowbutter are not permitted as they can be difficult for children with allergies to identify form a safe distance. In the event of a severe food allergy in your child’s group, you may be expected to avoid additional foods or ingredients.
In the event nut foods or foods that may trigger an allergy in others, we:
- ensure the participant understands which item was identified.
- share that they are not to blame and are not in trouble.
- allow the child to eat the item in a safe area away from the general eating space.
- join the participant during this time.
- ensure the participant washes their hands after eating the item.
- return to the eating area.
- provide a note from the leadership team to give the family at the end of the day.