International student awards
The University of Manitoba rewards students who have demonstrated academic success and supports those with financial need through international student scholarships and bursaries.
International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships
The International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarship was established to reward academic excellence by international students graduating from international high schools and entering studies at the University of Manitoba.
Scholarships will be offered to students who:
- are international students (i.e. in Canada on valid study permits) who have applied for admission to any Faculty or School at the University of Manitoba by the deadline date of March 1;
- are paying the international student tuition fee rates;
- have achieved a minimum high school average of 85% based on the best five academic courses from the approved list.
The value of each award is set each year in tiers based on high school grade averages. As an example, for the year 2019-2020 the award values were as follows:
- Averages greater than or equal to 95% - $3,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 90% - $2,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 85% - $1,000
This scholarship cannot be held with a University of Manitoba International Baccalaureate Entrance Scholarship or with any other award offered through the University of Manitoba Entrance Scholarship program.
International Undergraduate Student Scholarships
The International Undergraduate Student Scholarship was established to reward excellence in scholastic achievement by international students at The University of Manitoba.
Scholarships are offered to international students who:
- are in Canada on valid study permits;
- who have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours in any Faculty or School at the University of Manitoba;
- show exceptional academic achievement on courses completed in the last regular academic session (minimum sessional grade point average of 3.5);
- are continuing in the next consecutive year of full-time study in their program during the Fall/Winter academic session.
Eligible applicants will be ranked by sessional grade point average and scholarships will be offered until all available funds are exhausted or the grade point standard is reached.
International student bursaries
To qualify for bursaries at the University of Manitoba, you must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary through Aurora in addition to any individual applications that may be required for specific awards.
General bursary applications for Fall and Winter Terms will be available in the Aurora Student Portal in early August. This application, with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the Financial Aid and Awards office by Oct. 1. International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.