The Program and Tour Guide Assistant will work with the Discovery Centre Coordinator and Centre Manager, on site, at the Farm and Food Discovery Centre located at the Glenlea Research Station. The FFDC seeks to enhance public awareness and understanding of modern, sustainable food production through interactive exhibits and displays along with a number of public events and educational programs. Families, tours, students and summer day campers visit the FFDC and participate in hands on inquiry based lessons that start with learning about farming practices, food processing and end in the kitchen.
• Deliver educational programs to school groups and summer day camps
• Provide tours of the Farm and Food Discovery Centre and dairy barn
• Coordinate special events at the Farm and Food Discovery Centre
• Provide customer service for general public visitors
• Assist in set up and take down of program activities and events
• Responsible for handling cash, debit and credit transactions from admissions and event registrations
• Assist in general cleanup of the Discovery Room and Centre
• Other duties as required
• Knowledge of agriculture practices and food industry
• Experience working with the public and children
• Proficient in computer applications including email, word processing and spreadsheets
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required
• Must be reliable and motivated to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be planning to enroll as a student for 2018-2019
Note: The position is located at the Bruce D. Campbell Farm & Food Discovery Centre, so a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday
Duration: April to September
Application Deadline: End of Day February 9, 2018
To apply send a resume and cover letter to:
Kristen Matwychuk at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.