FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK
UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA
FORT GARRY CAMPUS
INSTRUCTOR II POSITION
The Faculty of Social Work invites applications to fill a one year term Instructor II position (#18608).
The successful candidate will teach a range of Social Work courses, some of which may be scheduled in the evening. The incumbent may be required to do some teaching at our Inner City site in Winnipeg, or within our Distance Delivery program.
Suitable candidates will possess:
• a MSW degree with extensive post-secondary teaching experience OR a PhD in Social Work (PhD preferred)
• a proven track record of good quality teaching and sound pedagogical design
• the ability to develop and deliver flexible-delivery course materials, including online and blended learning materials
• excellent communication and interaction skills
• ability to foster collegial relationships
• scholarly capabilities
• professional experience in social work or a related field is an asset
Start Date: August 1, 2014 or as negotiated.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, and based on the collective agreement between the Univ. of Manitoba and the Univ. of Manitoba Faculty Association.
The University of Manitoba is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Applications are encouraged from qualified applicants including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, people with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the university. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Applications will be reviewed commencing on 21 July 2014.
Application packages should include the following:
-a cover letter addressing your general qualifications and relevant experience for this position
-a curriculum vitae, including details of your teaching experience. (If the applicant so chooses, details of teaching experience can be attached separately as a teaching dossier.)
- the names, titles and contact information of three persons will to provide references.
This application package should be forwarded electronically in PDF format to:
Ms. Jodi Petch, Faculty of Social Work, University of Manitoba firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any inquiries to:
Dean Jim Mulvale, email@example.com ,
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of “The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy” (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae may be provided to participating members of the search process.