Why Choose UManitoba?
1. Affordable tuition
- University of Manitoba tuition fees are controlled by the provincial government and are much lower than comparable American universities/colleges.
- Minnesota residents pay the same tuition rates as Canadian students under the Manitoba/Minnesota Reciprocity Agreement
2. Choice & Flexibility
- The University of Manitoba is the largest post-secondary institution in Manitoba and it offers a wide range of programs and services including over 100 degree, diploma and certificate programs
- Our first year University 1 program allows you to choose from over 200 different courses from nearly any of our program areas
- Exchange programs with over 100 universities internationally
- Four on campus colleges for a smaller community experience within a larger university
- Open admission, without quotas, for all qualified students to University 1
- Applications are accepted until August 1 for any University 1 student
3. Excellence in Education
- Fully accredited, internationally acclaimed, professional programs with professors with strong national and international reputations in teaching and research
- Honours, Masters, and Ph.D. programs available
- Co-op and Internship programs available
- More UManitoba students have won Rhodes Scholarships than any other university in Western Canada
4. An International Education Close to Home
- Located in Winnipeg, a friendly, culturally diverse city of approximately 780,000 people
- Only 60 miles from the USA border
- Great international festivals including the Winnipeg Folk Festival, Folklorama, Fringe Festival, Jazz Festival, and more!
Additionally, the University of Manitoba does not require an application essay or SAT & ACT scores. See our admission requirements for more details.