The Pharmacy Alumni of Distinction Award recognizes graduates of the College of Pharmacy, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences (previously known as the Faculty of Pharmacy) at the University of Manitoba. The nominee must have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments, contributed to their community at home or abroad or have shown exceptional leadership skills to be considered.
Download a nomination form.
Criteria for the award:
- Must be graduates of the College of Pharmacy (formerly the Faculty of Pharmacy) from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelors, Doctor of Pharmacy, Masters or PhD degree
- May self-nominate or be nominated by peers
Nominees must demonstrate standards of professionalism to which others could aspire and at least one of the following:
- outstanding achievements within their profession
- leadership within their profession
- service to the community (local, provincial, national or global)
- For 2020, calls for nominations will be sent out by the Dean’s Office of the College of Pharmacy no later than March 31st
- The call for nominations will be made available widely, including through the College of Pharmacy website and other locations as deemed appropriate
- The nomination form is available at the link at the bottom of this page
- Nominators must complete and submit the official nomination form for each nominee on or before May 1, 2020. The deadline has been extended to June 15th, 2020.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be automatically submitted to the next year and nominations will be kept on file for 2 years from the date received
- Late nominations will be carried forward and treated as a submission for the next year
- If no nominations are received or the selection committee(s) deems all nominations did not meet the criteria, no award will be offered for that year
- Posthumous awards may be considered
- All nominations will be kept confidential
- All nominations will be submitted to the Professional Program Awards Committee for initial review and ranking of the nominees
- Reviewed nominations will be submitted to the Leadership Team for final selection
- For 2020 the successful nominee will be notified by the Dean’s Office no later than July 2nd
- The award will include recognition within the College of Pharmacy building (Apotex Centre)
- The recipient will receive a small plaque to commemorate the award
- For 2020 the recipient will be recognized and celebrated at the White Coat Ceremony in the fall