BEFORE formally submitting an admissions application to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, you must first find an academic advisor who might accept you into his/her research group REGARDLESS of the type of degree you're seeking
- FIND an Advisor -- see our LIST OF PROFESSORS.
- Please contact/email a professor in your research/study area.
This is the only opportunity for you to show your academic/research background and skills as well as for a professor to evaluate your background and skills and decide whether he/she wishes to accept you into his/her research group -- be conciese
- a CV
- list publications, posters, talks, courses taught
- list certificates, degrees, honours, awards, etc. you've received
- describe any cooperative work you've done or are doing either professionally or academically with regards to engineering and especially with regards to your future research
- a description of your research or Statement of Intent
- describe your B.Sc. project and/or thesis
- describe your M.Sc. project and/or thesis
- list the fields of interest in which you would like to do research
- Unfortunately, if you don't hear back from an Academic Advisors in about 5-weeks the professor is not interested or able to accepting you at this time
- Please do not harass professors with numerous phone calls
- The best form of communications is by EMAIL, however do NOT send numerous emails
- If a professor is interested and would like to formally apply to the Graduate Program he/she will contact you and ask you apply or may ask for more information.
DISCLAIMER: Being asked to formally apply to the ECE Graduate Program is NOT an indication of acceptance into the program. All original and final documents must be evaluated by the Department, Professor, and Faculty of Graduate Studies afterwhich a decision of acceptance or rejection will be mailed to the candidate.