Each ECE 4600 Project must have:
- 1. A group of 4-6 students;
- 2. A project that has been agreed up on by the group and their advisor;
- 3. An academic advisor who is a faculty member from within ECE;
- The minimum group size is mandated by the Faculty of Engineering. All students in the group must have completed the pre-requisite courses for registration in ECE 4600.
- Some projects will have, in addition, an "end user" or "client" whose involvement/encouragement will complement the academic role of the advisor. For example, projects to be generated through academic collaborations with other departments/disciplines and/or student groups such as UMSATS and SAE might lend themselves to this.
- Projects proposed for 2020/2021 will be listed on UMLearn once registration has been completed. This list is not exhaustive, in past years many projects have been developed through the initiative of students both as individuals and groups. Such ideas are welcome but must be discussed thoroughly with a potential advisor and/or the course instructors to ensure that they are suitable for ECE 4600. The goal is to offer the opportunity and flexibility at the project generation stage, mindful of the need to define a reasonable scope.
What do we do now?
- Once you have registered, get yourselves organized into a group of 4-6.
- Agree on a project, whether in response to the suggestion of an advisor or an initiative of the group.
- Find yourselves an advisor.
- Look out for notification that you can submit your group/project for approval (within UMLearn at the beginning of Fall term). All projects must be verified as having sufficient Electrical/Computer engineering technical content before they will be approved for commencement in Fall 2020.