Psychology faculty and students have been extremely successful in attracting research funding from national granting agencies. This support is supplemented by generous funding from the province of Manitoba, and from the University of Manitoba itself. Thus, both through research funding as well as via work as teaching assistants, the majority of our graduate students receive significant funding.
Competitions for various fellowships are held throughout the academic year. Departmental deadlines for awards change annually. Deadlines, as they are determined, are posted in the department and on the web. The following awards are available to both MA and PhD program students.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Graduate Scholarships (http://www.cihr.ca/)
- Manitoba Health Research Council Scholarships (http://www.mhrc.mb.ca/)
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada Scholarships (http://www.nserc.ca/)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Scholarships (http://www.sshrc.ca/)
- University of Manitoba Fellowships (UMGF)
The above awards are available only to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Visa students may apply for a University of Manitoba Fellowship.
Students entering a Pre-Master's year are not eligible to apply.
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan provides awards for study in Canada to citizens of Commonwealth countries who hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Interested students should contact the appropriate agency in their home country.