Assistant Professor (DPhil Oxford)
Field of Specialization: Contemporary Political Philosophy
- Children's Rights
- Morality of Procreation
- Familial Justice
- Educational Equality
- "Childhood Bads, Parenting Goods, and the Right to Procreate" (with RJ Leland), Critical Review of Social and Political Philosophy, forthcoming.
- "Why Childhood is Bad for Children," Journal of Applied Philosophy, forthcoming.
- "Introduction: On the Morality of Procreation and Parenting" in Permissible Progeny?: The Morality of Procreation and Parenting, Sarah Hannan, Samantha Brennan, Richard Vernon (eds.), Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Permissible Progeny?: The Morality of Procreation and Parenting (co-edited with Samantha Brennan and Richard Vernon), Oxford University Press, 2015.
- "Parental Rights: A Role-based Approach" (with Richard Vernon), Theory and Research in Education 6, no. 2 (2008): 173-189.
- “Examining Ethics” podcast, The Janet Prindle Institute for Ethics at DePauw University. Episode 8 “To Be A Parent … Or Not”, Aired March 30th, 2016: http://examiningethics.org/2016/03/8-parent-not/#more-284
- Contributor to Educational Website: https://edeq.stanford.edu/
Back to Faculty main page