If you would like to transfer ownership of a University of Manitoba purchased mobile device to personal use, read these instructions:
1. Contact the IST Services Desk at 204-474-8400 or email email@example.com. They will forward your request to the IST Telecommunications Office who will help determine if we can process a transfer of ownership and will complete the necessary steps.
2. The transfer of ownership to a personal line must first be approved by your department. An email must be forwarded from the department signing authority to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that they agree to let you take over the contract, cell phone number, and the device.
3. The request must be approved by the IST, CIO
4. The IST Telecommunications Office will notify Rogers and will provide a confirmation email to you. This will include instructions to call the Customer Care department at 1-888-764-3771 to complete the transfer of responsibility and an interaction ID number.
5. As you will no longer be eligible for corporate pricing, you will be required to change to an in-market consumer price plan upon completion of the transfer.
6. The University will still be responsible for charges and usage up until the date you take responsibility of the number.
7. Once completed, the monthly invoice will be forwarded to your home address directly from Rogers.
123 Fletcher Argue
Mon - Fri: 8am to 8pm
230 Neil John Maclean Library
Mon - Fri: 8am to 4:30pm