What is it?
- Located in Thompson, Manitoba, students complete all university courses required for a Bachelor of Social Work Degree.
- The curriculum is designed to meet the specific needs of northern social work students. It includes field placements in northern communities.
Who is eligible?
- The program is designed for northern Manitoba residents who have been denied educational opportunities because of financial, social, and/or cultural reasons, second language difficulties, lack of formal education, or remote residence.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older by September 30th of the year in which the application was made.
- Applicants must have been residents of northern Manitoba for six months or more prior to the application deadline date.
- Limited space is available in the program. For applicants who have 30 credit hours of university level work and are in good standing, please call 204-677-1454 or 1-866-237-5509. You may need to apply to the Faculty of Social Work in Winnipeg, even though you will attend classes in Thompson.
- Successful applicants are chosen in the spring for the fall term.
What services are provided?
- Personal and academic Counselling
- Class tutorials, extended class time, and individual tutorials.
- An orientation to the Faculty of Social Work at Thompson.
- Financial assistance may be available to students who have no other means of funding, or who exemplify the greatest need.
For More Information: