There is no formal post-secondary education requirement to become a Personal Trainer in Canada. Certification for the occupation is available through national and provincial associations; please view the information below.
The University of Manitoba offers related training in Kinesiology, Athletic Therapy, Physiotherapy, Physical Education and Recreation Management.

University of Manitoba

Calendar and Registration Guide

-Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management homepage

Links to Sites

-National Occupational Classification - an overview of information about the occupation in Canada

-Working in Canada - Winnipeg

-Alberta Learning Information Service - OCCinfo

-Occupation Outlook Handbook - Job outlook for U.S.

-O*NET Online - detailed occupational information (U.S.)

-The Certified Personal Trainers Network (CPTN) - Canada

-The Manitoba Fitness Council - certification

-Canadian Society of Exericse Physiologists (CSEP)
-Personal Trainer Certification

-American Council on Exercise (U.S.)

-Accredited Fitness Certifications

-National Federation of Fitness Trainers (U.S.)

-Manitoba Recreation and Regional Services Branch

-Canadian Wellness - health & fitness directory

-University of Winnipeg - Personal Fitness Trainer

-Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials - informaiton for foreign-trained professionals

Updated: December 11th, 2015